Tuesday, July 31, 2012

LIFE during 14th century Italy: PAINTINGS


For my blog today, I have decided that I should feature the paintings during the 14th century. I don't know it just hit me, just right now, to make a blog about their paintings. And as I search for some information, I was fascinated with their paintings because most paintings are related to religion - mostly Catholicism; as a matter of fact, some of them are kind of familiar to me.


Early Italian artists adopted the techniques and traditions of Byzantine art: the gold backgrounds and timeless figures that give spiritual force to icons.

To give you some idea, here are some examples.


 The Assumption of the Virgin


The Crucifixion
 
 
 Head of Christ


Madonna and Child
 
 
 Saint Anthony of Padua
 
 
Saint Catherine of Alexandria
 
 
 It was just fascinating to see that those paintings are related to my faith, so I was just moved by looking at it :)
 
 
 
 
Check again next time for another LIFE DURING 14TH CENTURY ITALY. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment